Thursday, October 6, 2011

25

I have been a sucky blogger. I started this blog after deleting my old one a month ago, and that weekend I wrote several posts. Since then, I've thought about writing on my blog the same way I think about paying my ComEd bill early. I'll get around to it when it's necessary.

Only, the thing about writing is that it's not necessary. It's completely selfish and 100% personal. It's something I care about more than I can fully explain; a way for me to process life and create with the medium I love most: words.


I know, I know, I'm a big dork who loves to write. I've been talking to others lately about it--about the writing process, and about how right now, like in a lot of areas in my life, I feel a little lost. A little like I'm drifting around aimlessly.

I'm turning 25 in one week. That means in 5 years I'll be 30. THIRTY. Good lord.

And to celebrate, I think maybe I should blog everyday this year. Something stupid, something witty, something deep, something associated with my hatred of cats...I'm allowing myself the freedom to decide each day, exactly who I want to be as a writer. To stop being so afraid to create, and let that creation speak FOR me a little bit.

So, thereyouhaveit.

1 comment:

  1. I fully support this writing-every-day bizniz. DO IIIIIT.
    But seriously. I love your work. And I lurve you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. It makes my heart happy.